>> Problems with DVD playback
If you are having trouble playing DVDs with GOM Media Player, here are some things you can try that might solve the problem.
1. [Download and Install the FFDSHOW codec]
In order to play audio with GOM Media Player you'll need to use an external filter.
If the Codec Finder appears when you try to play a DVD, or if the DVD plays without audio and the Codec Finder doesn't appear, you'll need to download and install the FFDSHOW codec.
You can download the codec and read more information about it in the link below:
After installing the FFDSHOW codec, try playing the DVD again.
2. [Set the Mpeg2Dec Filter to highest priority]
If after installing the AC3 Filter you are still experiencing DVD playback issues, next try setting the Mpeg2Dec Filter to highest priority by following the steps below:
1. Launch GOM Media Player
2. Open the Preferences window (push [F5])
3. Select "Filter" from the list on the left
4. Go to the "Advanced Settings" tab
5. Under "Filter Rendering Method", select "Advanced: Customize filter priority."
6. After completing step 5, the [Add Filter] button becomes active. Click the [Add Filter] button.
7. On the list of filters that appears, find and select "Mpeg2Dec Filter", then click the OK button.
8. "Mpeg2Dec Filter" should now appear on the Filter Priority list. Select Mpeg2Dec Filter, and then select "Highest" (under the Condition heading on the right side of the window).
** If the Mpeg2Dec Filter does not appear on the filter list, you can download and install it from the link below (click the disk icon next to "codec download"):
After the download is finished, run the installer to install the codec.
If you're still having trouble after trying the steps below, please contact the GOM Media Player support center (http://player.gomlab.com/eng/support/supportcenter/
) with a detailed description of the issue you are experience and, if possible, the file playback information and the file information for the DVD.
Please try referring to the link below for retrieving the information: