A major update to GOM Media Player was released on December 12, 2012 (version 184.108.40.20633)
Changes in version 220.127.116.1133 include:
1. Windows 8 Support Added / Windows 98SE support dropped.
GOM Media Player now officially supports windows 8 64bit and 32bit versions. Furthermore, official support for Windows 98SE has been dropped.
2. Default MPEG Transport Stream changed.
The default source filter for playback of MPEG-2 based file formats (MTS, M2TS, TS, TP, etc) has been changed to "GOM Player's internal source filter 2".
3. Added additional Aspect Ratio options.
Users can now manually set the video aspect ratio to [1.85:1] and [2.35:1] from the GOM (right-click) menu.
4. Audio playback issue corrected.
An issue where an external filter was not being used properly for playback of AC3 files has been corrected.
5. RTL Language Subtitle Support is now enabled by default.
6. File Playback Information will now include the version of GOM Media Player being used.
7. Corrected a security issue
8. Various fixes in phrasing and spelling
9. Other miscellaneous issues have been addressed and corrected.
You can use the [Update] button in the software interface to update to the latest version (Preferences -> General -> Update -> Update). If you receive a notice that you are already using the most recent version, please wait a while and try again.
Download links on CNET and other software sites will also be updated within the next few hours.